[C] [Wittrs] Re: Did Religion Affect the Tractatus?

  • From: "J D" <ubersicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:57:48 -0000

SW,

> So Christian spirituality may indeed have a higher place in Tractarian
> thought compared to other kinds of metaphysics.

Not only Christian but Indian religious thought as well could have
significance, given what he would have absorbed via Schophenhauer and given his
enthusiasm for the works of Rabindranath Tagore.

And though I know of no evidence to support any historical link, the Jewish
thought of Moses Maimonides has some strong affinities with Tractarian thought.

JPDeMouy