[Wittrs] Re: Welcome CJ

  • From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:04:32 -0700

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM, CJ <castalia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<< snip >>

> I then affiliated myself with Piaget.....not the commentators and
> popularizers (including  "profs" who are spoken of with far too much
> regard).  So I just read Piaget over and over again, until I found that I
> could "channel" Piaget in the course of my argument and various written
> endeavors (at least I thought so, even if others might have disagreed).

I've met other people who employ this kind of "channel" talk, this guy
in Jerusalem in particular, works in TV  somehow, which is sort of my
point:  TV producers have "channels" too, though the namespaces differ
(partially overlapping).

As a Wittgenstein-trained guy, I don't automatically disconnect from
1920s style spiritualism talk, a language game like any other, and
pragmatic to boot in some contexts.  As a geek, per that movie
'Nightmare Alley', I probably channel dead chickens.

Kirby

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz