[Wittrs] Social Studies Over Social Science

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:34:46 -0800 (PST)

... you know what? Based upon my latest mails to Lawcourt-L, I've come to
a revelation. The whole idea of talking about "social science" has done nothing
but create confusion in language. We should go back to calling it social
studies. The following are examples of social study: history, philosophy,
politics, law, society (sociology). The lawyers, philosophers, sociologists,
politicologists and historians are basically all of the same thing, and it
doesn't really have anything to do with "science," lest we adopt some queer
sense of the idea.

I won't ever again refer to either of these stupid expressions: "political
science" and "social science." I'm a politicologist. I belong to social studies
academy. I'm a Wittgensteinian politicologist specializing in legal and
american
politicology.

Regards and thanks.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.