[Wittrs] Re: Reforming Wittrs (Again)

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:46:52 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> ... I think I have stumbled upon an idea here.
>

> This gives something to everyone. Glen can rant. Brendan can post 90
> messages. People can even call for the overthrow of the owner. Stuart can
> counsel Glen. Josh can be funny. You can even have food fights down there.
> Let the market controls who reads it.
>
> In here of course, everything is the same. The same civility rules apply. The
> discourse is serious. We'll get a digest of everything rejected, so nothing
> is really censored.
>
> Does this sound like a good plan? It requires only one little bit of initial
> pain. I'm going to have to reconfigure the list so that a master list is
> generated. . . .I'll then moderate each so that what
> fails one goes into another.
> Thoughts?

> Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
> Assistant Professor
> Wright State University

You're putting way too much effort into this! I think most of the active
posters are content with the way things have been structured so far (or if any
are not, I haven't seen any adverse comments). Why mess around with a good
thing?

Just my two cents, of course. Since it's your site I'll go along with pretty
much whatever you cook up at this point (since you've got a good track record)
but I just don't see the percentage in continuing to meddle with the soup.

SWM

For all your Wittrs needs: http://ludwig.squarespace.com/wittrslinks/