[Wittrs] Reforming Wittrs (Again)

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

... I think I have stumbled upon an idea here.

I think I've got a way to make it so that we can solve certain problems in the
group. I think I have found a way to make it so that every person gets what he
or she wants. Call it capitalism city, or something.

Here tis. I am going to create three lists. Wittrs Lords (for stuffy
professors), Wittrs Commons (us), and WittrsFree (for posts that do not pass
moderation). Here's the beauty of the set up. The Commons will be the central
house. It will receive all of the messages of the Lords and a DIGEST of the
censored mails (along with its own mails). Everyone in the commons will
therefore know everything that is happening. This will be a high traffic list.
The Lords will receive a DIGEST of the Commons (which by definition will
include a link to the censored mails). This will be a low traffic list. Whoever
joins free, joins. I will not be joining. I won't even read it.

This gives something to everyone. Glen can rant. Brendan can post 90 messages.
People can even call for the overthrow of the owner. Stuart can counsel Glen.
Josh can be funny. You can even have food fights down there. Let the market
controls who reads it.

In here of course, everything is the same. The same civility rules apply. The
discourse is serious. We'll get a digest of everything rejected, so nothing is
really censored.

Does this sound like a good plan? It requires only one little bit of initial
pain. I'm going to have to reconfigure the list so that a master list is
generated. I need one big list to feed the other two. It's technical. The
problem is that I cannot currently send a moderated message for approval to
another list. So I need a list to feed this one and the free one with the same
posts. I'll then moderate each so that what fails one goes into another.

Thoughts?

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University