[Wittrs] Re: On Distinction, Logic, Grammar and Cookery

  • From: Glen Sizemore <gmsizemore2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 8/22/09, kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Wittrs] Re: On Distinction, Logic, Grammar and Cookery
To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009, 4:48 PM

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Glen Sizemore<gmsizemore2@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

KU: in terms of my little language game petroglyphs with the 4D and
dotted line:

4D tetrahedron angles shape rules principles generalization
============ ========= ========= ========= ====
4D++ tetrahedron frequency information specialcase

Lotsa charts go down two columns, left and right, when doing these
contrasting lists. There's a "two sides of the same coin" mirroring
in that it's really the track (time line) down the middle that's
meant, and then even that goes away, but not a sense of doubling, of
symmetry.

Note that I included the word "information" where it belongs in this
language game, with other "energy words", whereas meme complexes
pyramiding towards exceptionless generalizations (only partially
communicated through our sciences thanks to lags in comprehension) are
what the TLP's Wittgenstein might have seen as heading in the "sense
direction" (or "nonsense direction" -- not really a diss).

From information theory we learn of concave and convex aspects of the
same information stream: seen as pure signal to an "insider" (concave
aspect) and as pure noise to an "outsider" (convex aspect).

Lack of randomness suggests perfection either way, although in
practice we need redundancy checks, repetition, wisely adopt a "don't
trust yr brain" attitude, have other means to remember stuff, to
trigger the right recalls and behaviors (e.g. alarm clocks).

That's in part why we "write it down" or "take pictures". One might
look at much of civilization as compensating for what brains are not
trusted to accomplish on their own, yet seem to be able to accomplish
in tandem (in cahoots).

Note use of "Skinner box" in my previous post -- I thought an elegant
way to bridge Walden Two to some serious-minded contemporary futurism.
In this case, they're "flight simulators" adapted for driver's ed
courses i.e. machines built to put some inertial guidance into the
experience, make it less of a detached video game.

http://mybizmo. blogspot. com/2009/ 08/diversity- training. html (OMSI
simulator depicted **)

Kirby

** OMSI = Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

GS: But the question of "How many pancakes does it take to cross a doghouse?"
is moot, since bowling balls don't have hair. Would it not be better for all
concerned if you did not try to appear sagacious by spewing endless streams of
gibberish?