[Wittrs] Re: Imposition

  • From: "jrstern" <jrstern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 01:35:57 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rgoteti" <rgoteti@...> wrote:

>Comprehension which leads to wisdom is what is required.This happens only in
>philosophy.Actual limitations are shown here.Knowledge is like a banyan tree
>with its vast branches,leaves,twigs etc.Question arises like where do we stand
>before this gigantic phenomena.
> Here philosophy of language enters and shows the map of this huge
> knowledge.So knowledge is partial,indirect,and limited.

But, I say again, let us look at the western way.

We do not stand before the tree and try to comprehend it in
some essential manner.

We do as many ancient sages said we should not, we try to enumerate
every tree and branch.

For example, I give you - Google.  The banyan tree is the Internet.
Using Google will never bring you complete knowledge, but the value
that it does bring, is from a very, very extensive exploration.

I think we need the insight that one never knows all, and yet we
should strive to know all we can.

Josh