[wisb] yellow rumped warbler subspecies

  • From: "Sehloff, Kerry" <kerry.sehloff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird (wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:52:46 -0500

Hello, all!
Just curious, would the attached be photos of Audubon's subspecies?   Or a
possible hybrid?  Or is the yellow on the throat just an anomaly?  This little
cutie graced our yard yesterday, filling up on insects that were congregated on
the garage roof and eaves.  We have seen the yellow throated yellow rumped
individuals in Colorado - it is a bit freaky at first to see that throat color
on a yellow rumped warbler.

I would like to add this sighting to eBird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25442634@N07/10270593514/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25442634@N07/10270683216/

Thanks for your thoughts,

Kerry Sehloff