[wisb] further results GE survey

  • From: joan schnabel/jeff falk <joanjeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 15:20:45 -0600

Hi I had a few requests for more specific data.  I neglected to
mention in the previous post that sometime next week more complete
results will be up at the National Eagle Center's web site.
Nationaleaglecenter.org   so please check there.  Basically the
numbers have been increasing each year  as have the numbers of
observers.  This years numbers look slightly lower than last years,
but not all the  surveys are back yet,  and the numbers for the count
week haven't been totaled.   If you have more specific questions that
are not answered on the website next week,   either email me back or
check with Scott Mehus at scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Thanks for
all the interest.  Joan Schnabel Fountain City WI

2009   100 observers     88 Goldens  (total includes count week)
2008    67 observers      60 Goldens
2007    47 observers      51 Goldens
2006    48  observers      29  Goldens
2005    25  observers      21  Goldens

preliminary data for 2010   85 Goldens   no break down available yet
by states  Mn WI IA