[wisb] Yellow warbler UW Arboretum

  • From: "Molly Zahn" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mollyzahn@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 06:44:36 -0700 (PDT)

The highlight of my wet and windy run along Arboretum Dr. this morning was a
YELLOW WARBLER that flew across the road from the large bed of cattails just
before the road enters the woods. It briefly perched just above me and gave me
a good look even though I didn't have bins. Also saw a couple of palms along
the road (and, of course, a ton of yellow-rumps).
This BTW brings my spring warbler count to 9, though 3 of those were in Kansas
last weekend:

Yellow-rumped
Pine (UW Arb)
Palm (UW Arb)
Black-and-white (UW Arb)
Black-throated Green (UW Arb)
Yellow (UW Arb)
(Yellow-throated, N. Parula, and LA Waterthrush in KS)

Things are slowly starting to happen!

Molly Zahn
Madison