[wisb] Yard Birds - American Goldfinches, etc.

  • From: Carol Jaksic <carol.jaksic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:26:49 -0500

Good Morning,
I noticed the male American Goldfinches at the feeder this morning were
bright yellow with black foreheads/caps. And one Junco was in the flat
feeder. Also have a female Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker on the maple tree where
the male has been the last couple of days. A Bluebird couple has taken
residence in one of my bird houses and I heard an Eastern Towhee this
weekend while cleaning the yard. Noticed a Hermit Thrush watching the male
Bluebird put nesting material in the house on Sunday. I also got my pond up
and running and food out for the Orioles. We saw them migrating in Texas
last week. Thanks for the tip on the meal worms. That may be the ticket for
keeping the Bluebirds in the yard this year.
Carol Jaksic
Marquette County