[wisb] Re: Woodpecker Bongo

  • From: H C <hjd123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kad9801@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 06:48:48 -0800 (PST)

If you're just trying to discourage woodpeckers from making holes in your
siding, however, you could also hang a lot of suet feeders.  We had problems
with woodpeckers attacking the siding until we started keeping two suet feeders
full year-round.  The siding attacks stopped -- unless we let the suet run
out.  As a bonus, we had downys, flickers, hairys, red-bellies, red-headeds,
and even pileateds stop by right outside our windows.
Heather Cudworth
Williams Bay, WI