[wisb] Wood Duck - Madison

  • From: Max Witynski <birdmax922@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:09:58 -0600

I took advantage of the balmy weather this afternoon and ran down to
Lake Wingra in shorts!  At the Ho Nee Um storm drain outlet, I found
the drake Wood Duck my group found on the Madison CBC in the exact
same spot as he was on 12/18!  According to eBird, right around now is
about the least likely time to find a Wood Duck in Wisconsin.  There
was also a Kingfisher and several Gadwall present, for some nice
additions to my 2011 BIGBY list.  A search of the bikepath for
Carolina Wrens came up empty, but my BIGBY list stands at 23 species,
the highlights being:

Am. Tree Sparrow
Tufted Titmouse
Kingfisher