[wisb] Winter---Bah!

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:36:14 -0500

I just got in from shoveling 9 inches of "concrete".  While Appleton
had about 9, Green Bay beat us with 10 inches.  Everything is covered
with an unbelievably heavy snow.  Trees and shrubs are bent to the
ground.  The birds are acting like they are in shock, as probably are
a lot of humans!!
Looks like this is one of the heaviest winter snow totals ever.  For
Green Bay this is their third snowiest winter on record.  The other
two were back in the late 1800s!!   For Appleton it certainly is one
of the snowiest too.

Oh, do we ever need real spring weather that lasts!

Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI