[wisb] Wisconsin Weather, Mexican Birds!

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:31:43 -0500

Hi All,
        Thanks (or not!) to the weather you are all reporting on Wisbirdn, I'm
very grateful that I have the luxury of being in Mexico right now. We are in
fact on the island of Isla Mujeres. My question to all:  does anyone know of
any good Mexican bird websites that would serve as a typical Mexican "bird
book" for bird ID purposes while we're down here? In hindsight, with a little
bit of foresight I would have packed a Mexican bird book, but you know what
they say about hindsight. We just arrived and really have only seen swallows
and blackbirds at this point, but we intend to start a little more serious
birding today. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. No Trumpeter Swans on
the lagoon here to match Rainbow Pond!
Best Birding!

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, Polk County