[wisb] Re: European Goldfinches

  • From: "Cutright.Noel" <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:12:48 -0500

 As a follow-up to my report from yesterday to what is happening with
breeding birds in IL in recent years that is pertinent to Andy's
question, European Goldfinches nested in Waukegan (Lake Co.) in 2009 - 4
adults + 4 juveniles at feeders.  At this location in April there were 8
adults coming to feeders and some continued through July.  They also
were present at this location in 2008 and 2007.  Other IL reports from
2009 came from Winthrop Harbor in July and Gompers Park in Chicago in
June.  Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County

#168!
Interesting to watch robins at the suet feeder.

Andy Paulios
McFarland, WI