[wisb] WILLETS in Prairie du Chien

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 20:13:26 -0500

Hello all,

Chris West texted me to say there were two large shorebird like birds
on an exposed flat of sand that we had talked about it location
earlier. I didn't get the text for about 45 minutes but I thought I
should go check it out. Hopped on the bike and pedaled one block to
the sand flat and there they were....2 WILLETS! I watched for a few
minutes and then one bird stretched its wings and before I knew it
they were both flying south, gaining altitude. They called a few times
in flight and showed the obvious black and white wing patterning
verifying the ID.

Bird On,

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien