[wisb] Re: WARBLER QUIZ

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:46:07 -0600

This is probably among the most difficult individuals one is likely to
encounter in a given fall season. A fun and challenging bird, especially given
the molt. We identified it as a PINE WARBLER in the field for many of the
reasons Tom nicely stated. Of course we had the advantage of multiple field
angles in a minute's time. This was also the ultimate consensus in our WI
Birding Facebook group after all pics were shared.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady