[wisb] Re: WARBLER QUIZ

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:16:30 -0500

Is this not a great example of why Roger Tory Peterson called them
"confusing fall warblers?"  I think this is also a great reason for
less-experienced birders to let go of a little bit of any intimidation
they feel around better birders.  Soak up what you can, and learn from
it.  You can see the thought processes at play here, and you can also
see that even very experienced birders sometimes have second thoughts
about IDs... doesn't necessarily mean you change your mind about the ID,
but it never hurts to reconsider things.

Peter Fissel
(Old dog trying to learn new tricks)
Madison WI