[wisb] Vernon Marsh this AM Waukesha Co Northern Harrier, misc, some images

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:12:01 -0500

Greetings,

I took a run over to Vernon Marsh in Waukesha Co this morning. It was
pretty quiet but there were a few highlights. The commonly seen Northern
Harriers were present. Also, flocks of Blue-winged Teals and what I think
was a flock of Semipalmated Sandpipers. If I'm incorrect on that shorebird
ID please let me know and I will change it, thank you. Some of the other
species I saw were Green Herons, Great Blue Herons and Cedar Waxwings to
name a few. There were Painted Turtles everywhere! If you care to view a
few images from today?s walk, use the link below.

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/VernonMarshNorthernHarrier8212012
*

Thanks and good birding!