[wisb] Re: Tufted Titmouse

  • From: "Charlotte Burr" <caburr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:38:23 -0500

Tufted Titmice have nested in my woods for over 5 years. They appeared one
fall, were gone for December that year, came back in January and remained
ever since, except for the winter before last. But they came back in the
spring. I have been seeing them every day again---they prefer peanuts with
their sunflower seed. My neighbors are aware of them too. We also have a
pair of Pileated Woodpeckers on our combined properties---they appeared a
couple of years ago and one of my neighbors has kept track of their nest
hole, etc.

Charlotte Burr
Town of Ripon
FDL County