[wisb] Avocet and Foresters Tern Lake Barney Dane Co

  • From: James Schwarz <jfschwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:25:57 -0500

Steve Thiessen called to let me know there was an AMERICAN AVOCET at Lake
Barney (County M west of Oregon)
When I got there I saw the good looking Avocet. Then I saw what Steve thought
was a small gull. He did not have time to look closely.
It turned out to be a nonbreeding FORESTERS TERN.

Also there was a BLACK TERN, LESSER YELLOWLEGS, WHITE PELICAN and a few Peeps.

Note: a scope is helpful.

Jim Schwarz
Madison, Dane Co