[wisb] Trumpeters - Rainbow Pond, Polk County

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:14:20 -0500

Hi All,
        Rainbow Pond is a noisy place this morning with 15 talkative Trumpeters
hanging out. One of them is banded (89N) which is a newcomer to the pond. I
suppose they're all preparing for the long winter migration (!) all the way to
Hudson …. Hudson, Wisconsin that is, where they winter in the open water under
the bridge.
        Pat, I'd be grateful for any ID info you might have on 89N.
Best birding!

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, WI   (Polk County)
rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx