[wisb] Today Oshkosh, tomorrow IRON RIVER

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 17:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

This is the day I'ver been waiting for, folks.  I feel like I'm on top of
cloud-9 right now
and I haven't even left yet.  The anticipation has been most uncanny, thinking
am I really doing this
or this is just a bad dream and I'm going to wake up and feel miserable for the
rest of the month,
Not so, I'm in the Town of Algoma right now, celebrating my mother's birthday,
have the sleepover,
then my brother and I will take off around 9, so you northwoods Wisbirders,
beware!  I'm about to happen!
  But in the meantime, I actually had a moment to get out the other day, and
had 20 minutes of
nice luck, including a FOY, if you can believe it. Sacred Heart Cemetery was my
target place and
the bird of the day was a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, heard, then seen. Other
decent sightings
were pewee, 2 vireos, phoebe, Red-bel. Woodpecker, among other standard stuff.
   Had a mini-swarm of swallow out here a moment ago, including some vocal
roughwings, but not
much more than that. Just settling in for the evening before heading out
tomorrow.  Wishing
me good luck, and I'll be reporting from ''up there'' real soon.
   Paul Bruce, working his way northward from, the
   Town of Algoma