[wisb] * This Sunday - Bird Hike at Whitefish Dunes SP in Door County on 5/1/2011 @ 6:30am

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:51:38 +0000

Hi Birders.
I am just going to bump this one more time on the list.
Please consider driving up to beautiful Door County and joining us at the
Nature Center at 6:30am for a bird hike at Whitefish Dunes State Park this
Sunday, 5/1/2011. May Day! I can't think of a better way to spend it...
With Saturday evening's anticipated storm front and a southerly wind on Sunday,
we could have a pretty good migration along the Door County / Lake Michigan
coastline for this bird hike. We will start by looking for water & shorebirds
from the Observation Deck at the Nature Center (rumor has it there may be
refreshments in the building). Then we will walk the Brachiopod Trail through
several landscapes to see what might have arrived. Dress for the weather, May
is unpredictable.
All programs are free to the public unless noted; a park vehicle sticker is
required.  For more information please contact the park by phone 920-823-2400,
email carolyn.rock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, check the park's Facebook page and "like" us,
or check the on-line events calendar at the DNR website:
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/.

Feel free to back channel me with any questions.
Hope to see you there!
--
Bill & Sarah Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

A Friend of Whitefish Dunes State Park

---- Bill Krouse <bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Hello.
Sarah & I will be leading another bird hike at Whitefish Dunes State Park in
Door County this Sunday.
5/1/2011 at 6:30 am, we will meet at the Nature Center and walk the Brachiapod
Trail after looking for ducks & shorebirds from the observation deck. This
weekend promises to be the start of the spring migration, so dress for the
weather and come join us!
--
Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI