[wisb] A Royal Surprise

  • From: "epdobe@xxxxxxxx" <epdobe@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:44:43 GMT

I woke up this morning and saw my lovely wife crashed on the couch attempting
to watch the royal wedding.  I decided I should clean the windows fill the
feeders for the coming storm.  I went out side to hear the call and eventually
see a ruby crowned kinglet eating and cautiously guarding the suet feeders.  I
filled the seed feeders changed the water in the bath. Cleaned the windows and
went inside.  My wife had abandon the couch for the bed and I started to wash
the inside windows, when what would appear on my humming bird feeder, a bright
orange Bullock's Oriole.  Right behind him on the seed feeder was a male Lazuli
Bunting trying to share a few seeds with the Cassin's finches, Chickadees and
White Crowned Sparrows.  I guess that time of the year has arrived so enjoy
it.Eric PetersonAmerican Fork, Utah