[wisb] Re: Short-eared Owls at Scuppernong Prairie

  • From: Mike Reese <mikereese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 23:07:21 -0500

I have been looking for Short-eared Owls at BVG and Leola Marsh the past
week. I have seen one, on two evenings after sunset at Leola Marsh.
Yesterday I saw my FOY Rusty Blackbird, Tree Swallows, and Eastern
Phoebe at Germania Marsh in Marquette Co.

Today I took the long way back from Madison and saw 200+ Lapland
Longspurs on Harvey Rd. south of County DM in Dane County.I watched them
for almost two hours. There might have been some other birds there but I
had never seen more than 5 Lapland Longspurs at the same time so...

I also drove through Horicon on Hwy 49 and saw my FOY Ruddy Duck and
Bonaparte's Gull. On Hwy 73 north of Hwy 23 in Green Lake County I saw a
Snowy Owl on a utility pole.

Mike Reese

Wautoma, Waushara County