[wisb] Shady Lane to Sheboygan and back to FDL

  • From: JOEY REICHHOFF <jreichhoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:00:51 -0600

In Sheboygan I quickly found the Harlequin Duck between the two piers
just south of North Point.  There were also many Buffleheads,
Goldeneyes and Mergansers.  I did not look for the Carolina Wren Terry
Leasa had found on Friday.  However, it was in the tangles just south
of the little brick wall adjacent to where the Harlequin Duck has
been.  Near the Harbor there were many Glaucous and Herring Gulls.  I
saw 3 Great Black Backed Gulls and a handful of Ring-billed.  I very
quickly scanned for the Barrow's Goldeneye but did not see it.  I
probably spent 15 minutes in Sheboygan as I was targeting the
Harlequin I missed on Friday.

On the drive home I went through the Kettle Moraine North Unit.  I
stopped at the Forest Headquarters on Cty G and got my FOY Brown
Creepers (3) and Red-Breasted Nuthatches (2).  My only other stop
before home was the Spruce Bog where I got my FOY Coopers Hawk.

Also, if anyone would like to get a Cormorant in January there is one
at Stinky Point in Lakeside Park.  He looks really cold and as one
birder I know puts it, is on a death watch.  All in all, a good day.

-Joey Reichhoff-
Fond du Lac