[wisb] Sax Zim

  • From: DWIGHT ALTON <orion0323@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:07:25 -0600

Stayed in Evelyth Sat night and spent all day Sunday looking for Great Greys.
Weather was really bad! Got some good tips from Michael Henderson and checked
them several times but came up empty. Criss-crossed the entire area with 4 sets
of eyes in 2 cars. My sister and her husband are experienced bird spotters who
were at Sax Zim 2 years ago when the owls were there in numbers. We saw lots of
finches etc. at 2 of the tree backyard feeders. We also saw 3 Northern Hawk
Owls, 4 Bald Eagles, and 3 Sharp Tailed Grouse. We all thought it would have
been a better trip if the weather had cooperated but we had a good time
looking. Dwight Alton. Rockton, Il