[wisb] SEOWs at Bong Rec Area

  • From: Patrick Ready <pready@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:39:22 -0600

Got a few ?s about how/where to look for them? I just drove the main road in
and saw one sitting on the top of a tree. Then within a few minutes more were
flying over the prairies but several hundred feet from the road. Wish I had my
scope but forgot it. Arrrgh!! The owls flight pattern is distinct from the
hawks in the area. Zig zagging and dipping, swooping upward. Fun to watch. Good
time would be 4-5:30 pm for good light. Go when weather conditions are good not
in snow/rain like we are getting today.
I missed a few birding friends that were there when I was but I couldn't stop
to visit. My van was having issues and I didn't want to shut the engine off.
Long story, enough said.

Patrick Ready