[wisb] Re-reporting Bonipartes, Black-necked stilts, & others Dane/Dodge County

  • From: <jmotquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisb <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:12:15 +0000

On the way home from Madison yesterday around 5:30PM, I stopped by the Jersey &
Breezy Point Road ponds.  I was able to relocate all three black-necked stilts
along the western pond.  I also had incredible side by side by side comparisons
of Boniparte gulls, Herring gulls, ring-billed gulls, and an adult Franklin's
gull.  Both yellow legs were U-ing.  I also had a Baird's sandpiper at that
location.  There were Virginia rails calling in the sedge cattail pond along
Breezy Point.  I had to coax them into calling a second time for confirmation.

I'd also like to thank Steve T. for allowing me to join the Madison area
birders to see the Smith's Longspur between Stoughton and Madison.  I'll let
him post as it was his find.

Jon Motquin
Freedom, Outagamie Co.