[wisb] Re-Re-Send - Returning to the hobby and requesting advice

  • From: dstafford@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:03:46 -0600 (CST)

 One more time...Thank you Betsy, for suggesting Plai= n Text!  Sorry for
appearing to be a spammer!  (If this doesn't w= ork...I'll give up!)   Hello
all and thank you for your inspiration,
I have been =E2=80=9Clurking=E2=80=9D for awhile and h= ave had great fun
doing so.  Everyone=E2=80=99s enthusiasm is infectio= us!

To that end, I=E2=80=99m re-immersing myself in the ho= bby after
back-burnering it for many years.  I am seeking advice on re= cord keeping.

I have invested in a nice scope, own binocs, and have = bird books that were
new in the late 1960=E2=80=99s (my early inspiration)= =E2=80=A6I even have
a3x5 card file with my life list in it=E2=80=A6My han= dwriting
hasn=E2=80=99t improved much since grade school!

With the Wisbirdn resource, I know where to go but I= =E2=80=99m at a loss
for what resource to use to record my sightings. = I=E2=80=99m eager to
archive my life list, but I also want to start yearly= lists and some of the
other lists I=E2=80=99ve seen people use.

I would also like to use ebird.org.  Seems like a= worthy effort.

I=E2=80=99m an Iphone user.  So if there are nice= apps, that others have
used, I would be interested in them.  I curren= tly run IbirdPro on my
phone.

In summary, I=E2=80=99m open to anyone=E2=80=99s advic= e.  I might not take
it all, but the effort to provide ANY advice will= be deeply appreciated.

Back-channel to dstafford@xxxxxxxxxxx[1]

David Stafford

--- Links ---
   1 3D"mail=