[wisb] Racine Co. - Nicholson Wildlife Refuge, Apr 12, 2014

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:21:20 -0500

Hi All!

Those of us on Hoy Audubon Society's field trip to the Nicholson
Wildlife Area today had a great time and we made it out before the rain
really started!!

First of year birds for me included Canvasback, Ruddy Duck, Bonaparte's
Gulls, Snipe, Barn Swallow, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and Savannah
Sparrows. Always fun to see the Great Blue Herons on their nests in the
rookery there.

Hoy has a number of field trips coming up soon! Woodcock walks at
Cliffside Park will be held on the next two Wednesday nights. Then after
that, our annual Colonial Park warbler walks will be starting April 30th
and running through May. We'll be meeting in the Colonial Park parking
lot at 5:30 pm. Hope to see you there!

Check out the website for other field trips and for all of the details!
We have many fun things planned!
www.hoyaudubon.org

Jenny Wenzel
Caledonia
Racine Co.

Nicholson Wildlife Refuge, Racine, US-WI
Apr 12, 2014 8:33 AM - 10:38 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.7.1
42 species

Canada Goose  33
Wood Duck  3
Mallard  6