[wisb] RFI: Short-eared Owls at Faville?

  • From: thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "WisBirdN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:27:38 +0000

Hello all,
I'm going to be over by Madison for a couple of days. Hopefully one of those
evenings I will make it over to Faville Prairie to find my lifer Short-eared
Owl. I won't ask if anybody has seen them recently because they are owls, I
would just like to know if its advised that I make the trip over there after
that area gets a ton of snow. I guess for some reason I thought that these
birds will fly farther where there's less snow and easier hunting...
Bird on,

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien
Crawford County