[wisb] Possible location links board

  • From: Victoria Sokolowski <vasladyvet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx org" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:05:13 -0500

To all

I have noticed people getting perturbed that all of us are not up on our
birding locations, maybe since many of us are new to the list or to birding in
general. I was wondering if there was a way to set up a general page that the
list birders could go to that would have links to directions to the various
often referred to locals that people bird in. That way, the newbies would not
have to bother everyone for directions and if we wanted to know where "Nine
Springs" is located we could just go to the general page, scroll down to the
link, click on it and get our directions. The purpose of the list is to share
information, and maybe this could help us do that. I know we can go to ebird to
see where birds are being spotted, but wouldn't it be nice if we could set this
up for those of us in Wisconsin. Maybe there is something that is already
serving this purpose? Just some thoughts I had tonight. I really enjoy reading
all the sightings and descriptions of the birds everyone is seeing, and seeing
the pictures people have taken. Thank you all for your kind words when my
elderly pheasant died - it was nice to know you all understood.

Victoria Sokolowski
Ladysmith, WI
Rusk County