[wisb] Port Washington / 6 Mile Road

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:31:35 -0600

Hello,

I made a quick trip up to Port Washington and saw the following:

BL Kittiwake - very accommodating, once again
Glaucous Gull
Female Canvasback
3 Hooded Mergansers
7 Ruddy Ducks
the other usual stuff

I then headed up to 6 Mile Road to see what was there and had the
following:

1 Snowy Owl (in the top of a tree on the west side of 6 Mile just
north of Silver Beach - thanks to some other birders who were already
watching it)
1 N. Shrike (100 yards south of Snowy Owl)
5 Rough Legged Hawks
1 Red Tailed Hawk
5 American Tree Sparrows (feeder on Lone Elm)
1 Song Sparrow (Feeder on Lone Elm)

Not a bad start to 2010.  My first bird today was a chickadee.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County