[wisb] Gray Partridge, Merlin, Snowy Owl - Brown County

  • From: "Ty Baumann" <TyBa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:26:25 -0600

We had 9 Gray Partridge on the Southeast corner of Shirley Rd and County W,
this is
SE of DePere
Two Snow Buntings on Shirley Rd. to the east.
The Merlin was on Luxemburg Road just north of the Intersection with
Brown/Kewaunee
County Line Rd.
The Snowy Owl was in the top of a small tree just east of this intersection on
Luxemburg Road looking to the north.
Northern Shrike - SW of Green Bay on County F north of Freedom.
Am. White Pelicans - DePere dam underneath the paper mill.
1 Ring-billed Gull on the Fox River just north of the Mason Street Bridge.
1 Greater Black-backed Gull, Immi. On the Fox River - open water by paper mill
across
from Eve's Supper Club.
2 Peregrine Falcons on the Power Plant at the mouth of the Fox
Over a dozen Am. Bald Eagles at the mouth of the Fox and up the river to
Wrightstown.
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - St. Norbert's Abbey by the SE corner of the building
by
the fruit trees. Also Robins and Cedar Waxwings.
First Bird of the Year were 2 Great Horned Owls duet calling at 4 AM before we
even
got up.
Had 43 species for the day including 8 Am. Kestrels, 7 species of ducks,
Ida & Ty Baumann
Green Bay WI
Brown County