[wisb] Pacific Loon on Lake Monona

  • From: "R. Tod Highsmith" <todhighsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:30:24 -0500

At 8:50 this morning, the Pacific Loon was close to shore in very calm waters
off Yahara Park, right where the Yahara River flows into Lake Monona.  The
viewing conditions were splendid, and Tony Link and I enjoyed nice looks as the
bird showed off its very white throat with hint of chinstrap while it was
preening.  And thank you, Tony, for letting me use your phone to call my wife
Joan, who ran down and also got a great look.
Tod Highsmith
Madison, Dane County