[wisb] Pacific Loon: This morning

  • From: Lester Doyle <zzzlester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:07:45 -0500

Peter emailed me this morning that he saw a loon this morning, at Yahara
Park, and 45 minutes later there was report confirming it as the Pacific
Loon by Tod Highsmith.
I arrived a little after 10, and watched for about 10 minutes and as the
bird moved to the west while feeding a couple hundred yards out.

I went back to the car because of the drizzle/rain and to give the bird time
to stop feeding so I could set up to get some pictures: awaited about 30
minutes and could not relocate it.

Lester Doyle
Lodi/Harmony Grove
Columbia Co.