[wisb] Off-topic: Warnimont dog exercise area

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:41:26 EDT

All, I am forwarding this from our Milwaukee  County Supervisor following
questions from a couple of birders about the plans  for a dog park in one of
the better birding habitats in our SE Co. area.   It appears that the plan
for this is to provide woodchipped paths through the  now thick vegetation,
and foresters are instructed to remove the invasives to  allow for increased
width on the paths.  I am assured that wetland buffers  are of the thirty
foot variety, (though that won't stop a hyped golden retriever  now, will
it?!.) ;)  Anyway, it is not the  severe clear-cutting I had  heard was going
take place, and it doesn't impede on the blufftop or bike  paths.
Betsy Abert, So. Mke