[wisb] EauClaire/Barron County birds

  • From: JOEY REICHHOFF <jreichhoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:43:32 -0500

Hey all,
Last night I had a chance to check out the Menards ponds on my way to a work
meeting in Menominee.  I was hoping for a picture of the Little Blue Heron,
but he was no where to be found.  I did however, get great looks at
Yellow-Headed Blackbirds, a Spotted Sandpiper, two Least Sandpipers, and
three Lesser Yellowlegs.  Also heard my FOY  Least Bittern.  I have heard
these are rare in this part of the state, and if that's the case, my most
exciting sighting was two Ruddy Ducks.  Rory, could you correct me if these
are common in the Eau Claire area?

Today, in Barron County, in between my stops for work, I managed to get
Broad-Winged Hawk, Osprey, Bald Eagle, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow Warbler,
Ovenbird, Chestnut-Sided Warbler, Golden Winged Warbler, and Black and White
Warbler.

The highlight of my day was getting my 100th Barron County bird- Yellow
Throated Vireo.  Looking forward to seeing all the birds this next week that
I saw in Fond du Lac County last week.

Joey Reichhoff,
Barronett, WI