[wisb] Re: Off-topic: Birding & Coffee Shop Stops

  • From: "Kevin" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:07:46 -0600

We do not drink coffee, and the smell of it actually makes me ill so cannot
add any shops to the discussion. However, if you want the greatest bloody
Mary with a view to die for, try the Lookout in Siren. Hopefully someone can
give better details as it has been about 6 years since we there (invasion
year of Great Grey owls), and I cannot find much on it online. But I believe
you go between Webster and Siren in Burnett County, turn west on Cty D off
of HWY 35, turn north on Old 35, then west on Moline road. When we were
there, the bar/restaurant was perched on a hillside overlooking a wooded
valley. Feeders were filled and placed around the deck allowing us to
leisurely eat burgers, drink Bloody Marys, and watch 100's of winter finches
from 10'.

Kevin Kearns
Neenah