[wisb] OK, it's not a Harris' Sparrow (or a Turkey...) MKE

  • From: Karen Johnson & Jim Toth <kmjrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRD <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:25:31 -0800 (PST)

But I do have a beautiful WHITE-THROATED SPARROW mixed in with the House
Sparrows!
You see, ever since the HARRIS' SPARROW in Lake Church, I'm looking over ALL of
the House Sparrows with a fine tooth comb. (Especially since one of two birders
left with me at the scene stated that she had an adult H's Sp. in her yard in
the eastside of MKE one or two winters ago!  She said that it only stayed
around a day or two, much like Daryl's Varied Thrush of late, or else she would
have posted it.

Keeping her eyes peeled...

Karen

Karen Johnson and Jim Toth