[wisb] Varied Thrush--NO

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:58:21 -0600

As expected, due to the limited food supply in my yard, the female
Varied Thrush that spent about 2 hours here yesterday afternoon is
proving to be a one day wonder.  I have watched for it since sunrise
this morning but it remains a no show.  Should this change later day
I will post it, but my feeling is that it has moved on.  So birders
be on the lookout for a female Varied somewhere in this part of the
state.
Also I received a call from Paul, the birder who has had the male
Varied coming to his feeder for the past 3 weeks west of Phillips.
He indicated that it has not been seen since last Thursday.  So
another Varied is wandering around the state.  Be on the lookout and
good luck.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI