[wisb] Re: Northwoods birding today

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:55:37 -0700

Peter, FYI juvenile Gray Jays molt out of the dark plumage by early fall
(Aug-Sept) and basically look like adults now.  Redpolls and Pine Siskins are
prevalent here in the NW.  Bohemians and Pine Grosbeaks are presumably be held
up north by ample food (e.g. fruit) crops there.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady