[wisb] New Member Intro and Langlade Co Snowy Request

  • From: "A&CScherwinski" <anahar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WI Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:15:05 -0600

Good Morning,
Having been a member of Wisbirdn since December, I decided it was time to come
out of lurking mode and introduce myself.

My name is Cindy Scherwinski; a former co-owner of an advertising agency in
Stevens Point, I retired when my business partner and husband and I merged our
business with a former vendor. We have been residents of central Wisconsin for
30 years; have four children - three sons and a beautiful daughter-in-law - and
share our home with our field bred English cocker spaniels.

I enjoy photography and 'silent sports' - cycling on central's Wisconsin's
'green gem', the Green Circle, as well as road biking - genealogy and family
history research - I am an active member in the Daughters of the American
Revolution on the local and state level - raising and training our cockers has
been a 'hobby,' like genealogy, that has taken on a life of its own. In
addition to being terrific upland bird dogs, one of 'our' dogs had a lot of
success on the Dock Dog circuit.

We have a vacation home in Langlade county on what was my maternal grandparents
dairy farm. We spend most of our week-ends there - it was the site of our son
and daughter-in-law's wedding, and where we gather with family and friends.

I would appreciate 'directions' to the Snowy Owl sightings in the Bryant Flats
is you would care to e-mail me offlist.

Looking forward to posting bird sightings out my windows in central and
northeast Wisconsin.

Cindy Scherwinski
Plover, WI