[wisb] N. Pintails Again

  • From: "Bob Domagalski" <rcd2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wis Birdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:25:35 -0600

    To conjoin with Samantha's report of a Northern Pintail today in Sheboygan,
I would like to note that on a short visit to Hika Bay (Manitowoc County) this
morning I saw a group of 9 Northern Pintails flying south along the lake.
There were both males and females in the group.  Such a number of pintails in
late January in unusual.  For the entire WSO CBCs in 2008, there were but 3
pintails reported in the state.  With about two thirds of the counts tabulated
so far for 2009, there are only two pintails reported.

    --  Bob Domagalski, Menomonee Falls and St. Nazianz