[wisb] 3 Snowy owls - Freedom

  • From: <jmotquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:48:54 +0000

Anne and I spent time yesterday afternoon looking for snowy owls.  We were able
to confirm the presence of three distinct birds in the towns of Freedom and
Kaukauna.  The first is being seen regularly on the northwest corner of CTH UU
and STH 55.  The second was about two miles west of STH 55 near the
intersection of CTH UU and Maloney Road.  This owl is near the farm buildings
of a mega-farm.  The best views were from the individual at the intersection of
Van's Road & Section Line Road previously reported by Dar Tiede. All three
birds were seen within about 90 minutes of searching.

In speaking with other birders, there is a possiblity of a fourth individual
closer to US 41 in the Town of Kaukauna.  Good luck to anyone exploring for
snowies.

Jon and Anne Motquin
Freedom, Outagamie Co.