[wisb] Mockingbird gone?

  • From: Dan Belter <bwhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:59:35 +0000 (UTC)

I checked for the Northern Mockingbird that I found yesterday at Radtke Point
Park in the Wausau/Schofield area, but I was not able to relocate this bird
this morning. I'll probably be checking this park everyday or so for another
few weeks yet, so if it shows up, I'll post it again.

I did scan over the lake while there this morning and I had some very good
birds present. My FOY Red-necked Grebes were present here this morning, 8 of
them total, plus at least 15 Horned Grebes, 21 Tundra Swans (getting late for
them), over 20 Common Loons, and a nice variety of diver ducks including both
scaup species.

Dan Belter
Village of Weston
Marathon Co, WI