[wisb] Overnight call note, ID help needed

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

    Good Friday to all  ---   last night when getting out of work  I was
greeted with an unfamiliar call note.  Judging by the note I was geared toward
shorebird, specifically plover but couldn't get anything from my field guide.
The call was a simple, short, clear plaintive whistle, "teer".It called twice,
I'd say 10 seconds apart.  Any thoughts?
      Yesterday I got a checkup on things around the lake and bay.  The
headline is the horned grebes are still high in number.  Miller's Bay had 29
that I could count,  13 PB grebes in the north end, many Bufflehead , lots of
scaup, cans and  redheads, a few of each Merganser.  Right when I got to the
store, I looked up and to my pleasant surprise was an immy Glaucous Gull
heading NW.  Got a flyover loon, too. Later in the afternoon I saw 4 very
high-flying northbound cranes, found that odd, figuring they should be
established in their breeding sites by now.
   These are my notes for now. Hope someone may have an IDea on that bird call,
from Oshkosh, Paul Bruce